If you’re curious to learn more about my professional background and qualifications, here are the ‘highlights’!
- I obtained my first degree from the University of Edinburgh, and then qualified as a teacher (specialising in Adult Education) at the Institute of Education in London.
- I spent 10 years working as a research psychologist at the Bethlem and Maudsley in London (UK) and Curtin University in Perth, (Western Australia).
- I was awarded my Doctorate in 2001 by the Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London for my work on how people make decisions about their health in relation to drug and alcohol use and addiction.
- I have authored and co-authored more than 40 peer-reviewed papers and scientific reports, and have presented my work at international conferences in Europe, USA and Australia.
- In 2007, wanting to explore a more holistic approach to health, I set up a complementary health practice and specialised in ‘Body Stress Release‘, a technique developed by chiropractors for reducing muscle tension and associated pain.
- Already working with clients on their stress management and associated problems, the logical next step for me was to offer structured support targeting other aspects of diet and lifestyle. Health Coaching provided the ideal opportunity to realise this.
I have had the great fortune to train with some of the best leaders in the industry and, thanks to a curious mind and a passion for research, am always looking for more answers. Click here to some of my teachers and influencers.