Recipe for Kale Chips
An interesting twist on healthy snacking – try making your own kale crisps or ‘chips’. They are surprisingly delicious and very more-ish!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 to 2 bunches kale
- Heat the oven to 210 degrees.
- Remove the stalks from the kale and shred the leaves into large pieces.
- Pour a glug of olive oil into a large bowl and then add the kale pieces. Use your fingers to toss the kale in the oil so that it gets a very light coating all over.
- Spread the kale put thinly on baking tray and bake for 5 minutes or until it starts to turn a little brown (check it regularly as it can burn quickly).
- Use tongs to turn the kale over and then bake for a further 5 or so minutes. Remove, cool and serve.
- For added flavour you can sprinkle the kale chips with a salt or spices such as curry or cumin after rubbing on olive oil before cooking.