This has to be one of my all time favourite recipes for a quick, hot, delicious and nutritious meal. It also happens to be one of my 10 year old’s favourites too. From fridge to table in less than 15 minutes, its quick and easy, particularly if you use shop-bought pesto sauce.
Green Magic Pasta
Preparation time: 5 minutes
1 bunch of kale
300g pasta (Tagliatelle works well – I suggest using wholegrain or gluten-free).
Pesto sauce – (home made if possible – here is a link to a good vegan recipe. Or I tend to base mine loosely on a Jamie Oliver recipe, replacing the parmesan with manchego sheeps milk cheese as most of my family are cow’s milk intolerant).
- Bring water to the boil for the pasta.
- Remove the large stalks from the kale and chop into ribbons.
- When the pasta is nearly ready, add the kale briefly to the boiling water so that it has about 3 mins to cook (test that it is tender)
- Remove from the boil and drain the pasta and kale mixture.
- Mix a couple of large tablespoons of pesto sauce into the the pasta and kale. It might need a glug or two of olive oil to help to loosen it if the pesto is particularly thick.
- Serve and enjoy!