Struggling with food cravings is quite possibly THE most common reason I hear for why healthy eating plans are ditched. A strong craving for something sweet and creamy can have you reaching for the nearest milk chocolate bar. While the odd ‘treat’ isn’t necessarily a major issue, many women find that one thing just leads to another and before they know it, it’s a full-on binge (“I might as well eat that now – I’ll restart the diet tomorrow” – does that sound familiar?!)
A really useful cravings-taming trick that I recommend, is to identify what sorts of foods you tend to crave and then make sure you have a healthier alternative (that still ‘hits the spot’) close to hand.
This healthy ‘Banoffee Pie Chia Pudding’ can really satisfy if you are craving something sweet and creamy. It only takes a few minutes to prep, and not only is it dairy-free, gluten-free and free from refined sugar – it’s crammed full of ingredients that are postitively good for you and so it is completely guilt-free too!
Creamy Banoffee Pie Chia Pudding
– 3tsp chia seeds
– 1/3 cup of dairy-free milk (I’ve used almond)
– 2tsp of all-natural almond butter
– 1 Handful of almonds
– 1 banana
1. Crush the almonds and put at the bottom of a glass.
2. Drizzle the almond butter over the crushed almonds.
3. Slice up the banana and layer it on top of the almond butter.
4. Pour in the chia seeds and the dairy-free milk. 5. Keep it in the fridge overnight (the chia seeds will soak up the milk and become creamy and soft)
Would you like to explore what underlies your food cravings? Join me on 16th October 2014 at 8pm (GMT) for a FREE webinar all about PCOS and cravings and how to understand them. You can reserve your spot here.